Career Opportunities with NOW Specialties
NOW Specialties is one of the premiere commercial subcontractors in Texas.
We specialize in aluminum composite material and other architectural composites, such as high-pressure laminates and insulated metal panels. Our fabricated products include Alucobond, Reynobond, Alpolic, Trespa and Prodema. We have installed terracotta (NBK, Shildan, Argeton), stainless steel mesh (Cambridge, GKD) as well as such high-end cladding products as Levolux, TECU and Porcelanosa.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NOW Specialties is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or other class protected by federal, state or local law.
Position: Director of Construction
Last updated: 06/07/2018
We are looking for a proven leader for our Carrollton location who is familiar with all areas of construction management and can coordinate processes and facilitate operations. The ideal candidate must have an extensive knowledge of construction, accounting, product specifications contracts, CPM scheduling and field operations.
- Oversee daily operations of the project management team
- Hire, train, manage and evaluate project management staff
- Ensure that procurement of materials and equipment meet the project needs
- Create and manage budgets to improve profitability
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals
- Assign projects and implement project schedules
- Facilitate and improve communication among the department
- Provide technical support and design development assistance to customers
- Monitor adherence to company policies, rules, regulations and procedures
- Monitor employee performance and implement improvements
- Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activities
- Work side by side with our Safety and Quality Control Teams - ensure teamwork, consistent message, and communication of our safety standards compliant and the quality of our product meets standards.
- Resolve conflicts among employees while working with Human Resources
- Supports development of talent and our “promote from within” policy
- Attend scope and schedule conflicts meeting with project management staff
- Decision making and problem solving of all project issues
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Leadership – the ability to inspire, communicate effectively, motivate, and delegate
- Strong Communication Skills – verbal and written
- Team player – cares more about helping the team than about his/her individual success
- Performance Management – ongoing process of daily communication between the Manager and employees throughout the year
- Strong Decision Making Skills
- Management Proficiency – lead the team to keep them motivated and focused on the job
- Time Management Skills – making sure that everything is on time and moving smoothly
Education and Experience:
- College degree in Construction Management or Operations Management preferred
- 10 years in the construction industry
- 5 years in Project Management
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influence and leading
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please email your resume to Michele Stang: email@example.com.